PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic Syncing Issues

benzoenator
4th April 2009, 09:49 PM
Hey guys,

My fourteen month old iPod Classic has an interesting problem occuring with it. For some reason, whenever I try and sync it with my iMac with the file library (~70GB) on an external hard drive, it will freeze iTunes and stop syncing. This first happened a couple of months ago, and I just threw my iPod into my in tray, and left it until now. I've just found it and tried to get it working again. Hoping to do a comparison, I took it out to the family iMac and tried to sync their file library onto it (hosted on the local HDD). Surprisingly, it works fine (11GB library). As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that I've got my content stored on an external hard drive, whereas on the family iMac it's on the local HDD. Why could this be an issue? Do I really have to move all my content to my local HDD in order for my iPod to sync? I had this solution working for me for a number of months before this occurred, so I'm confused as to why it's suddenly happening now...

benzoenator
5th April 2009, 05:29 PM
Bump!

Japester
5th April 2009, 05:38 PM
I run my iTunes library locally but store my media on an external drive. In your case, I would restore it using iTunes. This will wipe it and then you can resync. It might help.