PDA

View Full Version : St George Iphone Specific Internet Banking

mitty
3rd April 2009, 09:31 AM
For those of you with St George Bank, internet banking now has an iphone specific version. Most normal functions (Bpay, Transfers, etc etc) are available. Works very nicely.

Mobile Banking for iPhone (http://www.stgeorge.com.au/accounts/ways-you-can-bank/mobile-banking/)

Good to see more Aussie banks doing this.

mallo
3rd April 2009, 09:45 AM
oooh. i wonder if this means a westpac version is imminent...

Alessiman
3rd April 2009, 11:00 AM
I would have liked to have seen it as an app but I guess it doesn't really matter as you need a net connection to use it regardless

Nice App, I am please St George is moving with technology

Reubania
7th April 2009, 08:27 PM
I am too...however, their stupid fees and limited branch opening hours have made me leave them for CBA!!

I used this today and yes, it's rather rudimentary, but it works. Props to them. I hope the other banks follow theirs and ANZ's iPhone specific apps/sites to make internet banking that whole lot more easier and convenient.

opilot87
12th April 2009, 10:46 PM
I am soooooo happy they have finally got an iphone app (well its not quite an app, i was a bit dissapointed but in the end works just as well), well done St George. My life is complete. Almost.

Ollie

NelsonX
14th April 2009, 02:47 PM
I guess this is good, but it doesn't seem practical at the moment without copy n paste. Who remembers a 16 digit card number .. geez.

mitty
14th April 2009, 02:48 PM
^You don't have to use the whole card number. They also supply you with an eight digit user ID as well.

I must be partially autistic because I remember long strings of numbers like that. Hell I remember credit card numbers I had 20 years ago.

Reubania
15th April 2009, 05:58 PM
^You don't have to use the whole card number. They also supply you with an eight digit user ID as well.

I must be partially autistic because I remember long strings of numbers like that. Hell I remember credit card numbers I had 20 years ago.

Boy, you are queer!

Yeah, it's good that you only have to remember the last 8 digits of your card! I too can remember string of numbers....and letters....

entropy
15th April 2009, 06:14 PM
I used it last week to try it out. I am not sure it is a huge benefit, as I have used the normal internet banking on the iphone in the past and it worked fine. I guess you can say the special site loads a bit quicker.

I must say though that it does expose a limitation of the iphone: I normally print out a hard copy of any internet transactions I have conducted. A bit hard on an iphone. Let alone cut and paste. What it needs is the ability to email a receipt/transaction record.