PDA

View Full Version : Question About Using Two Displays

glenmorrow
31st May 2005, 06:47 PM
Hello world,
I have connected an LCD screen at work to my PowerBook and am doing some audio editing in Audacity. I've dragged Audacity over to the second display but is there a way of dragging the menu bar over to the second screen?

Thanks for any help...

Glen

mvjs
31st May 2005, 06:55 PM
I would love to find a way to do this on the PC, but I have been unable to find one.

marc
31st May 2005, 06:58 PM
Launch System Preferences. Choose "Displays". There's a preference for display arrangement in there. Just drag the title bar of the monitor icon into the monitor you want to be the main display.

Sorry for the vague description, but I can't check that right now as I only have one display plugged in.

paulharrop
31st May 2005, 06:58 PM
Open display preferences. Click on the arrangement tab. You will see two representations of the two screens. Grab the white bar at the top of the first screen that represents your toolbar. Drag this to your second screen representation and this will become your primary screen.

mvjs
31st May 2005, 07:06 PM
ok, but does anyone know how to do it on the PC

spargo
31st May 2005, 07:11 PM
I had just previewed my reply when I saw that marc and paulharrop had both hit the nail on the head - thanks for the quick answers guys.. this will be one topic that should probably be included with similar ones about spanning screens in any Notebooks FAQ list..

And michaelvjsmyth, congratulations on increasing your post count by 1 with that invaluable contribution :blink:

glenmorrow
31st May 2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Spargo, my post count is a couple off my century!! 100 posts asking lots of dumb questions and useless comments...wow!

iambob
31st May 2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by michaelvjsmyth@May 31 2005, 07:06 PM
I presume that you are talking about moving the taskbar from one screen to the other. If so then right click the start bar and make sure that "Lock the Taskbar" is not ticked then just drag the start bar across to the other screen.

If you are talking about something else then just let me know and I should be able to answer it.

Quamen
31st May 2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by michaelvjsmyth@May 31 2005, 07:06 PM
Vaguely from memory....

Right click on the desktop -> properties.

Go to the display tab.

It might be in a further properties menu or it might be right there, but you should be able to set one of the screens up as the primary and secondary monitor. There should be a digram with two screens with a big 1 and 2 on them. Whichever one has the 1 on it will have the start bar on it.

edit...

Or do what iambob said because I think if you do what I said you'll have to move the mouse to the left of the left screen to get to the right screen.