PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro fans going nutso!

BlueBucket
29th March 2009, 10:11 PM
Hey all!

Just got my MacBook Pro (mid 2007 Intel) back from the Apple Store at Chatswood (replacing my logic board - super speedy turn around!) and my laptop now has its fans turn on to full (6000 rpm) as soon as I turn on the computer. Had it running for at least half and hour and no slow down.

I have tried an SMC reset and that didn't do anything. I have activity of 20% (according to iStat) - and the temperature of the laptop is hovering around 40 degrees. So I'm stumped.

I really don't want to have to go back to the store - but I think that this might be my only choice. The logic board replacement was under warrnaty (a bad batch) - but this won't be I think - unless I can say that they did it when fixing my computer :confused:

Any ideas out there?

BlueBucket

DagrtheSnide
30th March 2009, 07:20 AM
Take it back.

madmacs
30th March 2009, 07:51 AM
Take it back and have them look at it again. Sounds like they didn't connect something (like a sensor connection or something...)

BlueBucket
30th March 2009, 05:50 PM
He he - I so am!

Called them up this morning as soon as I could, and told them what was happening. Am taking it back in on Saturday(after describing the problem and getting them to write it all down :confused:

BlueBucket (sightly happier)

BlueBucket
5th April 2009, 10:41 AM
Hi all,

Dropped in my laptop yesterday to the Chatswood store - after a 20 minutes of testing, they have taken it away from me again :-(

Hopefully it will be up and running again soon.

Now even though it is out of warranty, I shouldn't have to pay for something that they stuffed up, should I?

BlueBucket

Brains
5th April 2009, 12:06 PM
Nup, should be right. Any replaced parts have their own 90-day warranty, and any service-centre that values their reputation will warranty their work too.

(Methinks the techie who looked at your machine last will have his manager give him a bit of a talking-to about not checking things over completely at the end of a job.)

BlueBucket
11th April 2009, 03:41 PM
Good news!

Heat sink was replaced (for free) and they didn't charge me (not that they should have). Hopefully I won't have to go there for a while!

BlueBucket

Brains
11th April 2009, 04:20 PM
Good news, and thanks for reporting back :)