PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3g unlock problem

wolfie
26th March 2009, 08:46 PM
hi, a few days ago i requested a unlock from optus, and today i got the sms that to activate the unlock, i need to backup and restore in itunes.

so i did that, and when i insert my prepaid telsra sim card, it wont recognize it, and in itunes when connected to the iphone it says the sim card is not supported.

what do i do now, have i gone wrong somewhere?

my prepaid works fine, as i tested it on my old software unlocked iphone.

Huy
26th March 2009, 09:04 PM
Restore again and try. Did iTunes tell you it was successfully unlocked? It should, before it is actually unlocked.

Like so:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3320/3229309806_e2d0c2e50c.jpg

Restore again is my suggestion. Leave the Optus one in for the time being then after you restore and finish, switch it to Telstra.

wolfie
26th March 2009, 09:11 PM
i never got that message, and ive restored twice
1st time with optus sim card in it
the second time without a simcard, and then when asked i out in the telstra, didnt work, so i put the optus one to continue the restore process.

Huy
26th March 2009, 09:33 PM
Then you have not successfully been unlocked. Talk to Optus again or wait a few days to see if the unlock goes through on Apple's end.

Trabb
26th March 2009, 09:36 PM
And iTunes is connecting to the Internet fine?

wolfie
26th March 2009, 10:02 PM
well ive called optus and they insist its been unlocked.
i even got the sms this monring, however they reset it and said itll be again unlocked after 2 hrs.

i smell a whole load of shit.

babypoppop
27th March 2009, 01:38 AM
well ive called optus and they insist its been unlocked.
i even got the sms this monring, however they reset it and said itll be again unlocked after 2 hrs.

i smell a whole load of shit.

ensure that the imei they have in the system is actually the imei of yr phone. they have a reputation of mixing imei's up.

Huy
27th March 2009, 08:08 AM
That's a good point.
Check the IMEI on the box, the phone software and on the SIM tray to see if they all match up.

Spr0gs
27th March 2009, 11:31 AM
Plug iPhone into Mac/PC

Jailbreak Firmware
Goto Cydia
Install yellowsn0w
????
PROFIT!