PDA

View Full Version : How to restart a website with iWeb

PCKid
22nd March 2009, 08:24 PM
After switching from PC to Mac a couple of years ago I built myself a website using iWeb. Have had no problems to date and love the program as I now do everything Mac. :)

Thought I'd start from scratch with a brand new Theme and new features. Opened iWeb and thought by selecting Close it would shut that one and let me start a fresh one. No Go.

So I took my Site (Called Homesite) and the index.html file and put them both in a seperate folder on another hard drive for recovery purposes, removed the folder and index.html completely from the "Sites" folder, rebooted iWeb and the site is still there.

All I can seem to do is change the theme a page at a time and move things around etc etc.

I really want to start from a clean slate but can't seem to open iWeb without seeing my old site still. It's not even in the Sites folder anymore where is it getting the info from?

sideshow
22nd March 2009, 08:36 PM
If you go, File > New Site....does that not let you start a new site with whatever theme you select

PCKid
23rd March 2009, 09:31 AM
If you go, File > New Site....does that not let you start a new site with whatever theme you select

It puts it below my original site and it's called Site and just Movie below that. My original site hierarchy is just above all that. So I'm guessing that I then make the Site under the old one, rename Site to whatever I want to call it and then upload it? Would that be it?