PDA

View Full Version : Itunes help

matta3250
19th March 2009, 05:50 PM
Hi all,

Just have a bit of a problem with Itunes and updating my Iphone to the latest software version.

Everytime i hit the updates tab to dowload the new version i get a message saying itunes could not connect to the iphone software update server as im not connected to the internet.

The thing is i am connected to the net and all the other internet based things in Itunes work fine like the itunes store but i cant get it to run the update server.

I have uninstalled and downloaded the new version of itunes but still no good.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Matt

Huy
19th March 2009, 05:53 PM
How about getting the IPSW directly? Works for me. Restore/update using that (option key + click, on a Mac). Shift on a PC.

iPhone 3G 2.2.1
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-5828.20090127.aQLi8/iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

Mac Ram
19th March 2009, 05:55 PM
Are you using windows?

matta3250
19th March 2009, 05:58 PM
Are you using windows?

yeah windows vista

Mac Ram
19th March 2009, 06:03 PM
yeah windows vista

Try the following:

artnum=304468 iTunes for Windows: iTunes cannot contact the iPod or iPhone software update server

Symptom
Some customers may notice the following alert message when trying to update or restore an iPod in iTunes 7 or later:

iTunes could not contact the iPod software update server because you are not connected to the Internet. Make sure your Internet connection is active and try again.

Internet access is required to download iPod software updates. However, if you are able to connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer and can also access the iTunes Store, see the solution below to resolve this issue.
Products affected

* iTunes 7 or later for Windows
* Any iPod model

Solution

1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
2. Open the Internet Options control panel.
3. Click the Connections tab.
4. Click the LAN Settings button.
5. Select the Automatically detect settings checkbox.

6. Click OK in both windows.
7. Reopen iTunes and connect your iPod.
8. Update or Restore your iPod.

matta3250
19th March 2009, 06:15 PM
Try the following:

artnum=304468 iTunes for Windows: iTunes cannot contact the iPod or iPhone software update server

Symptom
Some customers may notice the following alert message when trying to update or restore an iPod in iTunes 7 or later:

iTunes could not contact the iPod software update server because you are not connected to the Internet. Make sure your Internet connection is active and try again.

Internet access is required to download iPod software updates. However, if you are able to connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer and can also access the iTunes Store, see the solution below to resolve this issue.
Products affected

* iTunes 7 or later for Windows
* Any iPod model

Solution

1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
2. Open the Internet Options control panel.
3. Click the Connections tab.
4. Click the LAN Settings button.
5. Select the Automatically detect settings checkbox.

6. Click OK in both windows.
7. Reopen iTunes and connect your iPod.
8. Update or Restore your iPod.

Thanks mate its all good now. Thanks for your help

Sebastianmonty
20th March 2009, 09:41 AM
Bloody Vista. Windows makes you have to have a computer degree just to be able to use it easily, it's nuts.