PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Touch Up

Dogga
10th June 2004, 02:47 PM
HI All,
Just bought my first Apple today , a 12" PB.
Just wondering if there is any way to move the control panel ( maximise,minimise and close ) from the top left corner to the right top corner?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

macpimp
10th June 2004, 03:07 PM
the short answer: no

the long answer: yes but you'll need an appearance theme that does that, and so far i've not seen any good ones that do. :lol:

Dogga
10th June 2004, 03:48 PM
oh no!
My mate told me that it was just a setting !!
Thats bloody annoying !
Windows 1, OS X 0

:) :)

Disko
10th June 2004, 04:00 PM
roflmao :D

I beleive the score is actually:

Windows: 1
MacOS X: 9567

Why did you buy a mac, if you want it to behave like windows? Stop sitting on the fence, and switch damn it! :)

Dogga
10th June 2004, 04:20 PM
I'm sure I'll get used to it, but its so damn annoying they are on the "wrong" side!
Takes me two clicks to do anything with a window , 1. Click on empty space 2. MOve cursor left and click on actual button.
:lol: :)

Jimbo
10th June 2004, 06:48 PM
i'm the same on PC's, but i usually use MY EYES to SEE if they'e there first! LOL :D

Phillip
10th June 2004, 06:55 PM
i have a mac, and a pc right next to me - yes the first few hours (or minutes) can be dam annoying but u will settle in - trust me :) i don't even use the buttons anymore too - gotta love command + w

LCGuy
10th June 2004, 07:15 PM
Lol, its old, i know, but you know what they say:

Windows 98 = Macintosh 87. :P :D

stickman67
10th June 2004, 09:22 PM
And let's not even bring Longhorn 2006 into the conversation! :rolleyes:

Whoops! Guess I just did! :lol:

Currawong
11th June 2004, 02:53 PM
I got used to using a PC at work and a Mac at home in this way. All the actions become habit, and you don't think about it any more.

macpimp
11th June 2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Currawong@Jun 11 2004, 02:53 PM
I got used to using a PC at work and a Mac at home in this way. All the actions become habit, and you don't think about it any more.
this is absolutely true. i used os x and windows xp side by side for two and a half years. navigating the ui of both machines became second nature. it's like the difference between playing soccer and aussie rules footy. even if you play both games regularly, when you play soccer you won't tackle someone or punch the ball :lol:

Jimbo
14th June 2004, 11:05 AM
its exactly like that!
but a bit different :D

pipsqeek
14th June 2004, 11:52 AM
the only difference I see between the two is the amount of reboots that is required from Windows to change anything.

Its like when dumb cunts get into a car..."Oh I'm not use to the car yet..." Stall...

I never got that. I can get into a car and drive it...same as a motorcycle. I get on one and ride the tits off it.

Mac vs XP is the same....its all bullshit..but I know what I prefer using...

I like all music, but I know I prefer heavy metal.

Steve