PDA

View Full Version : The Hp 3330 From Hell

yitzyf
28th May 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi,
I've got an HP MultiFunction from someone which hasa problem of saying "Scanner Bulb warming up." I think we fixed that - there was a message on the HP forums about it. Now, when the head moves to try and find it's home position, it grinds and grings until I get an error message saying

Scanner error
Power Off -> Power On"

Can anybody help? I've tried walking the scanner head out all the way, but it didn't work. There's a Windows only Firmware update. I'm running Tiger.

Currawong
28th May 2005, 09:30 PM
I hate to say it, but call HP on 131347. It unfortunately means you get someone in India, but they aren't as bad as that sounds. Should the machine be faulty, HP are at least decent and arrange to have it replaced without the pain and suffering of going back to the place you bought it.

yitzyf
28th May 2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks - problem is it's not under warranty anymore :(

And I just called and they want to charge $33 for phone support... more :(

Oh well, will keep trying...

ShaneHm2
29th May 2005, 03:55 PM
have a read of this HP all in one tiger support (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00366141&locale=en_US)

yitzyf
29th May 2005, 08:37 PM
Yep, I've been through the works on the HP site - it looks like it needs a firmware upgrade, but I don't have a spare PC lying around to plug in and use - it's Windoze only :(

ShaneHm2
30th May 2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by yitzyf@May 29 2005, 08:37 PM
Yep, I've been through the works on the HP site - it looks like it needs a firmware upgrade, but I don't have a spare PC lying around to plug in and use - it's Windoze only :(
im sure that a person of these forums has a pc and lives close too u that can help u out