PDA

View Full Version : Good time to be a Macintosh fan.

decryption
10th June 2004, 12:32 PM
With all this new stuff out recently, and the anticipation of what will come from WWDC, it's a great time to be using a Mac isn't it? :)

On another note, it's also a good time to ask your boss for a pay rise/bonus :P

yinyang
10th June 2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by decryption@Jun 10 2004, 12:32 PM
With all this new stuff out recently, and the anticipation of what will come from WWDC, it's a great time to be using a Mac isn't it? :)

On another note, it's also a good time to ask your boss for a pay rise/bonus :P
it's ALWAYS a good time to be using a mac :D

if you're in the market for a new powermac, display, couple of airport expresses, proabably new iPod with 60 GB drives and wirleless capabilities, etc you need a hefty pay rise - actually you need to be the boss instead ...! LOL!

DVD Plaza
10th June 2004, 01:02 PM
Why is now suddenly good? Over the past year only a single new PowerMac model (the 2.5Ghz - the rest just minor changes), new Xserve finally announced but nearly half a year later barely shipping, new iPod mini announced but half a year later barely shipping, new iMac extremely overdue, international iTunes stores non-existant, new displays now an entire year overdue, OSX development to slow down, etc...

AirPort Express is an insanely awesome development, got my order in for sure, good to see revisions to the PowerBooks, etc... but overall it has been very very VERY quiet from Apple. Potential G5 iMacs, potential new displays, potential new iPods, iTunes to arrive in Europe, etc... but that's all possible stuff coming...

So, overall, as far as I'm concerned we could time warp back 1 year and nothing much would be different... which is disappointing when I thought the first six months of this year would be insane!!!!

LCGuy
10th June 2004, 07:12 PM
I WISH i was a Mac user atm, lol. Ah well, if i get this job i'll probably ebay myself a nice Lombard or something...its everything i need...

Radar
10th June 2004, 07:52 PM
I'll tell ya, that Airport Express is going to be a massive seller for Apple in the near future. Many of my associates are buying one, in some cases a couple, just because they are going to be so damm useful.

It is a good time to be a Mac fan, especially for me who will finally get my first ever portable music device next month.

LCGuy
10th June 2004, 08:38 PM
I agree...if i had a computer with WiFi, right now i'd probably be making sure i have enough money for one so i can put my order in ASAP!