PDA

View Full Version : convert pages to word

superswiegie
15th March 2009, 01:47 AM
My mac crasched and i want to send my CV.
can any one help me convert it tot word ore pdf so i can send it.
thats because it is written in pages.
and now i only have a windows pc.:S

it would be a great help.!!

thanks

Shaun R
22nd March 2009, 04:45 PM
Hi,

What exactly has happened to your Mac ("It crashed" isn't helpful. Tell me exactly what you were doing before it stopped working)? Please PM me and I'll try and help you more.

Anyway, I don't believe you can open .pages files in Word. You may be able to. I'd suggest Googling "Open Pages fie in Word" and see what that gives.

Shaun

Shaun R
22nd March 2009, 04:50 PM
My mac crasched and i want to send my CV.
can any one help me convert it tot word ore pdf so i can send it.
thats because it is written in pages.
and now i only have a windows pc.:S

it would be a great help.!!

thanks

Also, please please please please try and proof-read/spell check your post before sending... "ore" "crasched" "tot" etc...

This is how it should read:

Hello,
My Mac crashed/broke/stopped working correctly a few days ago.
I created my CV in Pages, in the Pages file format. Now because I don't have a Mac to open it, only a Windows PC, I'm a bit stuck.
Can anyone please assist me in finding a tool to open it as a Word Document?
Thankyou.

Shaun

j.c.
26th March 2009, 03:56 PM
Also, please please please please try and proof-read/spell check your post before sending... "ore" "crasched" "tot" etc...

Shaun

I'm thinking your post should read:

"I'm a pretentious twit who can't be bothered actually answering the question"

grfxninja
26th March 2009, 03:58 PM
I'm thinking your post should read:

"I'm a pretentious twit who can't be bothered actually answering the question"

GOLD.

Mac Ram
26th March 2009, 04:17 PM
You'd be better off sending it to someone with a Mac with Pages and asking them to save as a word document. I'd be happy to do it, but at work on a PC.

Darwiniandude
26th March 2009, 08:24 PM
As no one else has been particularly helpful with your immediate problem, PM me and I'll give you my email address, you can email me the pages document and i'll email it back as a word file, if that is what you require.

Note that if you want the file to look exactly right, it's better for me to send you back a PDF, (Acrobat Reader on the PC can open/print this) as it's possible some changes will be lost, graphics may not be aligned when saving as word.

I can send you both word and PDF if you like.

:)

And as has been mentioned, we can probably talk you through fixing your mac related woes assuming it's not hardware and your cat hasn't pissed in the keyboard for example. :)

PS Although spelling/grammar/typos generally annoy me, I understand the perspective that it's irrelevant as I guess in a way it is, we can all understand what the original poster meant, and isn't that the goal of communication written or otherwise?

Gio
26th March 2009, 10:25 PM
Fark- 8 hrs to convert a pages doc. Forum fail.
Well Done Darwiniandude- chivalry still not dead.

Darwiniandude
26th March 2009, 10:26 PM
Well, maybe more than 8 hours, assuming he's not already been helped I haven't been PM'ed. :)

Gio
26th March 2009, 10:31 PM
Cause he is home in his bed crying himself to sleep with a sore finger from hitting refresh for 8 hrs

Millsy
23rd June 2010, 01:51 PM

Shaun

Had to register just so I could quote this twat. Wat doz it matta abt his spellin son? Hu da fark cares u lozer.

Though the irony about the whole thing is the original posters spelling is shithouse and he asking for assistance for his CV. Good luck job hunting son!

MissionMan
23rd June 2010, 01:54 PM
Had to register just so I could quote this twat. Wat doz it matta abt his spellin son? Hu da fark cares u lozer.

Though the irony about the whole thing is the original posters spelling is shithouse and he asking for assistance for his CV. Good luck job hunting son!

You might notice he's from the netherlands so chances are his CV may not be in english anyway.

gehenna
23rd June 2010, 02:03 PM

MacTalk Forums - FAQ (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/faq.php)

idiesel
23rd June 2010, 08:28 PM
Had to register just so I could quote this twat. Wat doz it matta abt his spellin son? Hu da fark cares u lozer.Firstly, his post above the one quoted does offer some assistance.
2ndly, correct spelling makes it easier for potential helpers to understand what is being asked and not having to 2nd guess everything.
Third, this thread is a year old. Let's move on.

Jacko30
23rd June 2010, 09:33 PM
If you rename the pages file to zip and open it, the is a pdf in there. in the quicklook folder.

annied6
29th September 2010, 10:38 PM
FAO Jacko30
Two things. First, a big thank you - I'd been unable to open a file saved as "pages" on a friend's mac, and following your advice re zip saving it - hey presto - I've got my work! BIG thank you - and it was so easy.
Secondly - I wonder if your reply could somehow go to the top of the page - in front of all the other stuff . . Anyone needing to know this will not have persevered to the end of the topic. (Some of which caused me to smile - and writhe a bit!)
And finally thanks to mactalk - might use this again even though I live in the UK!!
Bye