PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Presenter/Host for a TV show project

limpboy
13th March 2009, 09:39 PM
Hi All,

We are in early stages of a new TV show project and are canvassing around for someone who might be interested in being host/presenter.

The concept is for a show showcasing new and emerging film-makers. There will be an interview portion where the film-maker has an opportunity to talk about their latest project and give tips etc to other young film-makers.

We are looking for someone in Melbourne. Not necessary to be a film-maker or film-buff. The idea is for the host/presenter to represent the ordinary audience. Needs to be personable on camera and be able to build quick rapport during interviews etc.

So if you know of anyone who might be interested and available. Then PM me.

Who knows. You might become the next host of Entertainment Tonight! or Become an entertainment reporter for Channel Ten?

sammyo91
14th March 2009, 12:26 AM
Damn, sounds like my perfect job! Shame I'm in Brisbane :( Any chance of having like a regional reporter? :P

The Soopa Villainz
14th March 2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds interesting. Where about in Melbourne, and what days are the filming?

krolly
14th March 2009, 09:40 AM
Damn, sounds like my perfect job! Shame I'm in Brisbane :( Any chance of having like a regional reporter? :P

If it sounds like your perfect job AND you would be perfect for it, you'll be able to afford to rent in Melbourne if you get it silly. ;)

grorr76
14th March 2009, 09:47 AM
id recommend posting this ver at filmnet you will be targeting the kind of person your after and its free.

Filmnet Messageboard - Australian Film & TV Industry Message board. - Message Board - Yuku (http://filmnet.yuku.com/)

limpboy
14th March 2009, 11:11 AM
id recommend posting this ver at filmnet you will be targeting the kind of person your after and its free.

Filmnet Messageboard - Australian Film & TV Industry Message board. - Message Board - Yuku (http://filmnet.yuku.com/)

Thanks for the link. I've posted there as well.

Just some clarification.

The project is a TV pilot that we will be doing on spec and then shopping around to various TV stations and Pay TV. So at the moment it is an unpaid position but if we get picked up then obviously will turn into a paid gig. So at moment looking for enthusiastic/motivated person looking for more experience infront of the camera and working with a fun crew. Still in early stages but hoping to start filming in a couple of months.

limpboy
14th March 2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds interesting. Where about in Melbourne, and what days are the filming?

The project is still in early stages and mainly looking for talent first and we can work out the shooting schedule later. But we are planning to be filming within couple of months.

limpboy
15th March 2009, 09:35 AM

We are hoping to be inclusive (i.e interview film-makers from other states and the world) so there is always a chance for people to participate from outside Melbourne. But that is a little down the track.

PM me and we can get talking about possibilities.