PDA

View Full Version : Pismo wont power on...

cosmichobo
12th March 2009, 09:18 PM
G'day,

I just grabbed the Pismo, which was sitting with the yoyo connected, flashing in standby mode... unplugged, and opened it up... but it didn't turn on. The standby light stopped flashing - even when I shut it back up, and tried to open it again to wake it.

I tried the power button... but no good. Would neither power off, or power on.

Checked the battery - 4 solid green lights. Tried plugging the yoyo back in - still no good.

Pulled the battery out, and put it in the optical drive side. Power button - nothing.

Tried holding COM OPT P R and powering on... got a solid BEEP (lasted maybe 3 seconds), and then nothing.

Tried the power button a few more times... one time the screen flashed white for all of a millisecond, but that's all.

The PRAM battery is most certainly dead. Haven't replaced it, cos they're rare as hens teeth, and so I just try keep the battery charged so it doesn't "go out".

Any suggestions/thoughts what's happened? Gonna be sad if she's died... :(

cheers

cosmic

cosmichobo
12th March 2009, 09:23 PM
:o Just tried the reset button under the flap... she's started up ok now.

iCarllovesapple
12th March 2009, 09:57 PM
Thank God..

Wally
12th March 2009, 10:05 PM
Rare as hen's teeth???

NewerTech Replacement PRAM/clock battery for... (922-3829) at OWC (http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/PRAMPBG3LP/) <-- Thats the PRAM battery right there.

besides its a pain in the arse to install these, I did it on a PowerBook 540C. well just to make my own..

Probably easier if you did make your own, just get the same type of batteries, replace them with the ones in the cell, resolder and put black tape over them..

Thats all you have to do!

rpjallan
12th March 2009, 10:08 PM
The PRAM battery is most certainly dead. Haven't replaced it, cos they're rare as hens teeth, and so I just try keep the battery charged so it doesn't "go out".

I got one on ebay from the US just before Christmas for $12. There was quite a number to choose from.

I guess with computers this old now, there's always a chance when you turn them on that something will go wrong and they'll fail to start up...