PDA

View Full Version : Only Four Artist Lessons in GarageBand 09

craigc
11th March 2009, 12:32 PM
Can somebody please explain why we only have access to 4 Artist Lessons in Australia, when they have access to 8 in the US.

I was interested in getting some guitar Artist Lessons, but the only guitar lesson I can access is John Fogerty.

Apple shouldn't advertise stuff on the Australian website that isn't yet available in Australia.

wholikespotatoes
11th March 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh really?? I did not realise that this was the case.

Out of interest, who are the other 3 artists?

craigc
11th March 2009, 12:39 PM
The other artists are:

- Norah Jones (Piano)
- Sara Bareilles (Piano)
- Ben folds (Piano).

MacCraig
11th March 2009, 03:07 PM
It usually has to do with the publishing rights. Its not Apples fault its the greedy publishing companies who own the rights to the artist tracks. Apple could be a bit more sensitive about letting us know what is available before we buy. I just hope the library of lessons expands in the near future.

As an aside the Ben Folds piano lesson is worth every cent. Lots of fun. I highly recommend it (5 star).

craigc
11th March 2009, 03:17 PM
As an aside the Ben Folds piano lesson is worth every cent. Lots of fun. I highly recommend it (5 star).

Thanks for the heads-up, I will give it a try.

craigc
17th March 2009, 10:25 PM
There are now file lessons available, as another John Fogerty song (Fortunate Son) has been added.

craigc
17th March 2009, 10:25 PM
It usually has to do with the publishing rights. Its not Apples fault its the greedy publishing companies who own the rights to the artist tracks. Apple could be a bit more sensitive about letting us know what is available before we buy. I just hope the library of lessons expands in the near future.

Great recommendation. I really enjoyed it.