PDA

View Full Version : Torrents/File and Folder Structure/iTunes

PushkarM7
1st March 2009, 07:40 AM
I keep my music organized in the following way. Music->Artist Name->Album Name-> Song file. When I use torrents they have their own pre-established structure. So I rename the folders the way I want them, and place them in the order mentioned above. However on my Macbook, when I add the folders into iTunes my setup is automatically undone. How and why does this happen and can I make it stop.

Example:
I downloaded a Nas' Hip Hop is Dead Album and it contained one folder containing songs only featuring Nas, then a folder for each song that features other artists. So there are nine main folders total, each contains a folder called Hip Hop is Dead. Each Hip Hop is Dead folder has the tracks done by those corresponding artists. I want it to be Nas->Hip Hop is Dead-> and then all the tracks.

However I am not able to make that final structre to stay that way after playing one of the songs the folders change back to the way it was.

Kinda lengthy, but is there anythin I can do?

Mac Ram
1st March 2009, 08:20 AM
In iTunes preferences, you must have it set upfor iTunes to manage your music. Untick that option.