PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Tagging

Joe91
27th February 2009, 05:15 PM
Ok, so I just downloaded a bunch of songs (500, totally legal of course) and unfortunately none of them contain the album name in the tags. I have to go in manually and edit the tags I know, right now they're like: xxx - Artist - Song Name

Is there anything that can read the artist and track and automatically fill in the album name? I'm happy to go through the songs and edit the first two bits of info but Google searching to see what album what song came from is going to be a pain.

I have a Mac and a PC (PC is main computer, but I can transfer the songs over, tag them there and bring them back to the PC if I need to).

Thanks guys! :thumbup:

NeoRicen
27th February 2009, 05:19 PM
In iTunes, Advanced>Get CD Track Names, should fill in the details you need. Depends on the music though, they might not have the info.

Joe91
27th February 2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks Neo.

Just tried that and it gives me an error saying iTunes cannot get CD track names for songs that were not imported using iTunes.

The way I imported the tracks were using "Add Folder to Library" and got them all through there.

pengu
27th February 2009, 05:48 PM
you could try this: feedface.com/software/TriTag (http://www.feedface.com/software/tritag.html)