PDA

View Full Version : Duel Monitor setup and the OS X zoom tool

Jopher
26th February 2009, 07:22 PM
Hi all,

Ok, so this question might seem a bit obscure but I can't find and answer to it on google.

I'm looking at getting a 15" Macbook Pro along with a 24" external Monitor (most likely a dell). Anyway i use the built in zoom function on os x (control + option + +/-) quite a bit and i was just wondering what would happen if you were to zoom in whilst the MBP and the external monitor were connected. I don't know all that much about duel monitor set ups but while the MBP was plugged into the monitor i would use the monitor as the primary screen and the MBP's screen as the secondary, so if I were to zoom in what exactly would happen on each screen.

The only reason I ask is that I would like to run EyeTV or iTunes on the MBP's screen while other windows were open on the external monitor and it would be best for it just to zoom on the screen where the windows are.

I hope i explained this well enough, can any of you guys try this and see what happens?

Thanks heaps.

bartron
26th February 2009, 07:34 PM
Both screens zoom and when you move your cursor the display pans across both screens as if they were one display

adamd
26th February 2009, 07:37 PM
It's quite weird at first, but modifying the settings (System Preferences/Keyboard and Mouse or System Preferences/Trackpad) makes it more comfortable.

Jopher
26th February 2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys :)