PDA

View Full Version : Word And Save As Files

amni
24th May 2005, 10:29 AM
Hi all

I am trying to save a word doc,, but I have the "save as" window open and "where" I can save to is for example documents. BUT I want to save to Documents - another folder inside documents, and I cant see how I can do this?

I know in windows if you hover over Documents it will open sub folders, and that is what I want to do.
Any ideas?

purana
24th May 2005, 11:02 AM
Not sure if this helps, but here goes.

In the dialog presented from the save as selection. The window you get you will notice has Save As: filename you choose [button] (the button presented at the end of this line is a upside down triangle. Click it. This will give you a selection dialog that allows you to traverse where you want to save said file a little better. Now drill down the directories you want etc.

Hope that helps ;)

amni
24th May 2005, 11:08 AM
brilliant

purana
24th May 2005, 11:19 AM
No problem, I figured this is what would help you.. Just had to explain it in a easy fashion.

DJY
24th May 2005, 04:01 PM
This one stumped and annoyed me for ages as well!

If you click on the up/down arrow next to the "where" (which made sense to me) it only ever had a very limited first level of folder selection to choose from.

The upside down triangle though next to filename - gives you a much better "Finder styled" viewing screen.