PDA

View Full Version : Hiro headache???

Dutch H
19th February 2009, 08:51 PM
Yes kill me now for going for the cheap arse version (should of done itunes). I downloaded the first underbelly episode via ninemsn. States you need the Hiro codec installed. I download it and install it. However when I open it it still has the bloody watermark, pic explains.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7859/hiroxh4.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hiroxh4.jpg)

I try to open the registration application in my 'application' folder and it states 'invalid architecture' (obviously only intel). I am thinking that this codec only works on intel macs. Correct?

If so how do I get it to work on my G4?

Thank you in advance.

Dutch H
19th February 2009, 08:54 PM
On a Mac: Mac OS 10.4 and higher and the QuickTime player.
The Mac also must have an Intel processor and not PowerPC.

Just found this. Seems the death of the PowerPC is sooner then we think.

Still anyway to get it working on a PowerPC Mac?

Dante Kyar
19th February 2009, 08:55 PM
vlc maybe?

edit: or torrent it. Stupid codecs make people break the law when they rather wouldn't....

Dutch H
19th February 2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah VLC the same. I am happy to move on and get it off itunes but I already wasted 1.3gb downloading it. I want channel 9 to pay. haha.

Dutch H
19th February 2009, 09:22 PM
Well using VisualHub to convert. Seems to be working. But taking so long. All the save $3. haha.

It is not the money it is the principal. 1.3gb. Nine you arseholes.

Dutch H
19th February 2009, 09:27 PM
Well VisualHub quit knowing I had a downloaded version (Which you can get anymore as it is discontinued so who cares). So here I am at square one again.

Is there anyway to play it on a PowerPC Mac>? Appreciate your responses.

banjo
21st February 2009, 03:58 PM
The ony way is with the Hiro codec ... the watermark is actually a part of the movie and can only be removed using some sort of overlay algorithm. If the Hiro codec doesn't have the PPC code then you're probably up poo creek.