PDA

View Full Version : Mac Printer Xp

amni
23rd May 2005, 02:12 PM
Hi all

I have my Mac mini and my canon ip5000 and xp all networked, I can print on the mini and xp sees the canon through the mac, but when I press print on Word or Open Office on XP it says it is doing the print but it never prints.....this is the only thing that is driving me nutz

any help greatly appreciated

adamjc
23rd May 2005, 02:31 PM
I had a similar problem with my networked windows machines. Would print from Internet Explorer etc but not Microsoft Word.

The print server I had purchased (Netgear PS121), needed to use a particular port for printing. I used the software that came with it, and it started to work.

How have you got it networked?

amni
23rd May 2005, 02:44 PM
I am using :

XP via network/adsl lead to Billion Router ...it did work when I had PC and PC????

Printer into Mac mini

adamjc
23rd May 2005, 03:37 PM
It sounds like Microsoft Word cant find the printer. Im not familar with Mac OSX, as my iMac hasnt arrived yet, but make sure that printer sharing is enabled. Also check to see if you can see the printer in Network Neighbourhood in WinXP. If you can right click it and select: Default Printer.

Otherwise you might be best to buy a print server ($100 roughly) and hook it up to the router, so that it is independent to any machine on the network.

Adam.