PDA

View Full Version : Apple ID Information

incanspyder
15th February 2009, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, I have a quick question which I hope you are able to answer (the joys of a collective consciousness).

I've recently purchased another iMac, and registered it under my Apple ID. Due to this, all the defaults (e.g. iChat, MS Office, other programs) show my name, instead of the name of the person whose computer + main account it is. How do I fix this once and for all so that it displays as default the name of the main computer user (and not me)?

Thanks!

Huy
15th February 2009, 05:40 PM
Delete your user account and set theirs as an Administrator?
Wipe the system and start again?

Beau
15th February 2009, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, I have a quick question which I hope you are able to answer (the joys of a collective consciousness).

I've recently purchased another iMac, and registered it under my Apple ID. Due to this, all the defaults (e.g. iChat, MS Office, other programs) show my name, instead of the name of the person who's computer + main account it is. How do I fix this once and for all so that it displays as default the name of the main computer user (and not me)?

Thanks!

Try;

Apple Menu () > System Preferences.
Click 'Accounts', and select the user from the sidebar. Change the username and/or MobileMe user account in here.

If you wish to rename the machine;

Apple Menu () > System Preferences.
Click 'Sharing'. Set the name in the textbox at the top of the window.

(This is for Leopard, but should be similar for Tiger/other versions)

:)

incanspyder
15th February 2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks - but I've tried all that already. Anything else?

*EDIT* I actually figured it after a little exploring - I had to change the default name on the "Address Book Card" to make it all correct.