PDA

View Full Version : PNG Help Please

Scooterpig
13th February 2009, 04:50 PM
I wonder please if I may impose on anyone with PhotoShop or image skills who could please help me out with this small icon?

I want to use it on my iPhone but I need the square corners taken off and to look like the standard rounded corners used on iPhone.

If anyone can help me out that would be great thank you..:)

I do also need to change the color from pink to red but I can work on that myself once I can get rid of the corners.

Thanks..:)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8494/bitesmslogofi2.png

marc
13th February 2009, 04:56 PM
Don't worry about the corners... the iPhone will cut them off when it's used as an icon.

Problem solved!

Phil5150
13th February 2009, 05:03 PM
I just tried it on your image and all I did was use the magic wand tool and delete the corners so they are now transparent, then I re-saved it as a PNG file

I have noticed that in the Photoshop CS2 it had a function where you could export transparent image which was in the Help drop down menu, but this was removed for CS3 and CS4 version of Photoshop.

Scooterpig
13th February 2009, 05:20 PM
Don't worry about the corners... the iPhone will cut them off when it's used as an icon.

Problem solved!

Already tried that Marc and unfortunately it did save the corners when on hte iPhone..:(

@Phil5150 - are you able please to post up your saved image for me to check out? I'm running CS3.

Scooterpig
14th February 2009, 07:41 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to Phil5150 for helping me out..:)

All sorted and can be closed.

Phil5150
16th February 2009, 03:15 PM
no worries Scooter, glad to help