PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Feedback.

The Loyal
12th February 2009, 09:48 PM
Hey guys,

With the fantastic feedback that we received in regards to our web site thread (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/24/64085-new-website-feedback.html). I thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback and ideas as to what people would like to hear in an Australian based podcast dealing with gaming, music, comics and other items.

* How long is too long in terms of overall length?
* How would you prefer the content to be split, in chapters?
* How often should a podcast be released?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

The Loyal
10th March 2009, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, just letting you all know that we are running a "name our podcast" competition for our site. Winners will get a copy of Dawn of War II.

Cheers,

PatrickH
10th March 2009, 05:11 PM
Email sent.

decryption
11th March 2009, 05:35 AM
Going by my experiences with the MacTalk podcast, I can give my 2c:

- No longer than an hour max. Ideal length for a podcast IMHO is 20-30 min. After that I tend to lose concentration and pause it and come back to it later.

- How content is arranged, depends on the style of the show. If it's just dudes chatting, you should split the show up into certain topics you discuss and make those your "chapters". If it's a news/interview style podcast, then how you split it up would be the news items and then the interview. It doesn't really matter anyways - when someone downloads the show, they'll most likely listen to all of it.

- Podcast should be released as often as you like, just keep it regular. If you're going the longer format (40 min +), go weekly. If you're doing 20 min shows, go for maybe twice a week if there's that sort of level of info to talk about.

I'll just say now, there's no real formula for success. Just make sure what you talk about, and the way you talk about it is interesting, release the podcast often and in a timely fashion and if you're good at it and promoting it, an audience will follow. Good luck!

The Loyal
16th March 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks Decryption.

We should have the first episode up in the next few weeks, so I'll let you know when it's available as I'd love to get your feedback.

The Loyal
19th March 2009, 10:52 PM
Email sent.

Sorry for the late reply PatrickH, got your entry thanks heaps for that!

Anyone else going to enter? Still got a few more days to go until it finishes, and we have three copies of Dawn of War II to give away.

Also, if there are any suggestions that you might have for a Video Game, Comic and music podcast. We're all ears.

Cheers,