PDA

View Full Version : HPC5380 printer problems

kiwimex
7th February 2009, 08:00 PM
Hi all i purchased the HP C5380 printer last Saturday ended up returning it on sunday due to a faulty print head. This second printer is even worse, does not print colors correctly, misses red when needed in printing. i have gone thru all the usual reinstall of software print head cleaning , checking of ink levels, even was told by HP support to remove all ink tanks and clean all the contacts and to do the same for the print head. im at a loss everything i have tried has given me the same result NOTHING!! i told the support guy at HP that i will not be removing ink tanks and printer head and cleaning them on a new printer, if it dont work out of the box im sorry but you can take the darn thing back! i have owned 4/5 HP printers and never had a problem at all. Could someone out there spread some light on a possible cause of my problems.

Would i be correct in just returning this printer to Harvey Norman where it was purchased? Could anyone suggest a better printer for my imac

New Imac24" all software uptodate
Ink levels full
Software updated at HP site
Drivers are updated etc
Quality report printed
print head cleaning completed
print head alignment completed
test page printed (but didnt come out right)

Thanks in advance

Steve

Smac
9th February 2009, 11:11 AM
i hate ink printers. i used to have to fix them and used to completely hate it. sometimes you could go through a whole ink tank trying to clean a head.

i would take it back to Harvey Norman, and ask for a different model/brand

chrome
9th February 2009, 12:07 PM
Have to agree; inkjet printers are just junk.