PDA

View Full Version : What if I don't update straight away?

falimako
6th February 2009, 09:14 AM
I recently got the little globe come up on my macbook pro telling me there were updates available, but I was busy and didn't feel like restarting, so I ignored it. Now I want to do the update, but have no idea how to find the updates. And I know this is the forum for stupid questions, but I feel like such an idiot asking this!

decryption
6th February 2009, 09:17 AM
Just go to Software Update and then you can update them whenever you like:

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/b37baad603fd641c0a8f70c27014dc90.png

jdoh77
6th February 2009, 09:19 AM
I recently got the little globe come up on my macbook pro telling me there were updates available, but I was busy and didn't feel like restarting, so I ignored it. Now I want to do the update, but have no idea how to find the updates. And I know this is the forum for stupid questions, but I feel like such an idiot asking this!

Go to the icon in the top left of your screen, select it and scroll down to software updates. This will then scan for updates for your mac - you can then tick or untick the various updates that are available for you and install from there. Best practice is to be running on powerpack electricity, not the battery (if you have a laptop) when installing.

falimako
6th February 2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks so much!

Huy
6th February 2009, 09:24 AM
You don't have to be on AC but it is recommended. Just in case you run out of juice midway.