PDA

View Full Version : Bento 2, Crashes while printing?

mc cool
30th January 2009, 11:26 PM
Hey guys,

Ive come across a bit of a dilemna here in Bento 2. Its a great application, really made my life easier. But when I have come to print lately, it always seem's to crash, or it dosn't load up the print dialog.

I have updated it all to the most recent update, but that hasn't helped this problem either. I can't spot anyone else on the web with this problem - so maybe you guys can help. :)

Cheers
Chris

benny gsr
30th January 2009, 11:50 PM
I am not sure how helpful I can be: but I had a similar problem in Filemaker Pro 9.x (can't remember exactly which). I only know that Bento is designed to link with FM pro, so here goes:

Printing dialog would come up, go to print, and the whole lot would "unexpectedly quit" It didn't work on my imac 2.4 alum nor my MBP 2.2 But on another mac with same version FM - no worries ? Very odd. Ended up changing a JPG which was used in one of my templates for form letter writing, and miraculously, everything worked fine! No idea why or how a JPG could affected the whole program. The new JPG was just named a little differently ?

A little off your exact topic, but perhaps it could be useful.

mc cool
30th January 2009, 11:58 PM
Hmm thanks for your reply benny, Ill have a look into it. Its just using a really simple template though, so its strange. :(

Update: I tried changing themes, Still no luck. :(

Luvlimum
31st January 2009, 09:45 AM
I have Bento as well, but have not had to print much so I cannot help, but I do know that if you post your problem here: Bento Forum (http://forums.filemaker.com/fmbnto/) You will get a response very quickly.

What do you use Bento for? I am always interested to see what people do with Bento. It is beautiful in its simplicity but frustrating in it's limitations I find. But for $70 odd bucks who's complaining?

Cheers
T