PDA

View Full Version : Reskinned Internode Usage Meter Widget

Disko
18th May 2005, 02:04 PM
Hey all,

I needed an internode usage meter widget, so i found a port of the Konfabulator one to dashboard. I figured i could make mine look a bit better, so i reskinned it.

I'll check with the original author if its ok to distribute before i post a link here though.

edit: Download Disko's Reskinned Internode Usage Meter Widget (http://www.appletalk.com.au/widgets/node.wdgt.zip) (100k)

Heres a pic:
http://users.on.net/~disko/24.png

And then the back...
http://users.on.net/~disko/24b.png

Hopefully, with islayer's help i can make up a better one with a few more features and a better look. :)

iSlayer
18th May 2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Disko@May 18 2005, 03:04 PM
Hopefully, with islayer's help i can make up a better one with a few more features and a better look. :)
sure.happy to help.
still want to use that sidebar idea ?

Disko
18th May 2005, 02:15 PM
Sure do. I'm trying to figure out an issue with how i want the meter to appear in the 'globe' bit. once i've got that sorted, all we (you) have to do is make it work :P

iSlayer
18th May 2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Disko@May 18 2005, 03:15 PM
once i've got that sorted, all we (you) have to do is make it work :P
sounds fun :lol:
ill catch you on ichat tonight and we can work it out

mwidjaya
18th May 2005, 02:40 PM
I am looking for a usage widget for Westnet...hopefully someone will work on it at some point....

the_OM
18th May 2005, 02:40 PM
IS there a bigpond one out yet does anyone know?

iSlayer
18th May 2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by the_OM@May 18 2005, 03:40 PM
IS there a bigpond one out yet does anyone know?
nope
the bigpond system is VERY complicated.
im yet to find a way to do a direct login to the usage page.

Luke(mac_man_luke) contacted the devloper of "Launch" and he would not share any code or methods so we are basically stuck.

iSlayer
18th May 2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by mwidjaya@May 18 2005, 03:40 PM
I am looking for a usage widget for Westnet...hopefully someone will work on it at some point....
the problem with making usage widgets is developers only usually have access to one isp.
i was on bigpond before and i tried to make a bigpond widget with no luck.
now im with internode and i have made a rough internode widget.

obviously i dont have access to westnet which makes it virtually impossible to make a widget for it

mwidjaya
18th May 2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by islayer@May 18 2005, 03:45 PM
the problem with making usage widgets is developers only usually have access to one isp.

Fully understand that..no worries. Have to be patient until someone with proper skills and access to Westnet get around to it.

Thanks for making widgets for other things....

purana
18th May 2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by mwidjaya@May 18 2005, 02:40 PM
I found a java based one, but it needs to be native cocoa or a widget.. I think the java one i found was called bug. Will confirm tonight and give you a URL to it.

purana
18th May 2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by islayer@May 18 2005, 02:43 PM
the bigpond system is VERY complicated.
im yet to find a way to do a direct login to the usage page.

Do they provide an XML feed thus creating an easy way to get the usage then having to do some stupid logon through an interface that is not really designed for anything but a user and a web browser to use.

iSlayer
18th May 2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by iodine@May 18 2005, 04:04 PM
Do they provide an XML feed thus creating an easy way to get the usage then having to do some stupid logon through an interface that is not really designed for anything but a user and a web browser to use.
nope.
only internode are smart enough to do that

marc
18th May 2005, 04:45 PM
Looks GREAT Disko!

I think I need to change providers...

jonathanpoh
11th July 2005, 01:25 PM
This looks so much better than the version I downloaded from Internode's site. When are you going to make it available?

Disko
11th July 2005, 01:36 PM
well, i emailed a few people and only got one response saying it was okay to share it.

I'll remove the link if i get a response saying I'm not allowed to. :)

Disko's Reskinned Internode Usage Meter Widget (http://www.appletalk.com.au/widgets/node.wdgt.zip) (100k)

mac_man_luke
11th July 2005, 03:00 PM
me and islayer have worked out how to do the bigpond widget so its just upto him to do it now :P

Kildare
11th July 2005, 04:08 PM
Yay! Definately looking forward to the BP usage meter. :)

Sambo
11th July 2005, 07:30 PM
is there one for iprimus. Don't know if it would be possible? could though they have an account toolbox.

mvjs
11th July 2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah A Bigpond usage meter would be great!

Talez
12th July 2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by iSlayer@May 18 2005, 02:45 PM
obviously i dont have access to westnet which makes it virtually impossible to make a widget for it
Even if you did I'm sure you'd be swearing at the way Westnet have access to usage feeds.

Do you have any tips for a widget that's going to need to use 3DES encryption? :D

jonathanpoh
19th July 2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks Disko! The new widget looks great.

icant
4th September 2005, 02:15 AM
The widget still works great, after all this months.

I would like to put forward that the “remaining” value should be given more prominence than the “amount downloaded”.

Thank you.