PDA

View Full Version : I want to. . .

heelsansneakers
21st January 2009, 07:10 AM
I have already boughten two iphone's in the past year,both of them have broken. And the stupid protection plan won't cover it because it's not a tech problem. I don't feel I should have to buy a new one myself. Should I sell my macbook to replace it,or would that be retarded? And how much should I sell it for?

*13inch/white
*Fully covered ACPP (the 249$ one)
*Have only had for a year
*have all purchase info on hand

It'd be great if someone could help me out.

Rogerthatv2
21st January 2009, 07:16 AM
I am trying to work out about the 2 iPhones not working leading to buying a new MacBook? A little more info would be good.

Edit, thanks Goodbye now I understand.

What specs is your MacBook eg Processor, memory etc?

Goodbye
21st January 2009, 07:18 AM
The OP wants to sell, not buy the MacBook to fund a new iPhone.

heelsansneakers
21st January 2009, 07:43 AM
Quote;What specs is your MacBook eg Processor, memory etc?

MB 13/2.0 CTO: WHITE
*With the following configuration:
*Processor 065-7303 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
*Memory 065-7306 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512MB
*Hard Drive 065-7311 120GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
*Optical Drive 065-7314 Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
*Modem 065-7316 No Modem
*Apple Software Solutions 065-7553 iWork '08 Preinstalled
*Additional Options 065-7319 None
*Keyboard/Mac OS Language 065-7324 Keyboard/Mac OS
*Country Kit/AEX 065-7330 Country Kit

I think this is what you asked for.

stevejay
21st January 2009, 07:48 AM
Selling your puter to fund another iPhone (which from your record, doesn't sound promising) would be "retarded" in my opinion (and your words)

$1500 would probably be a reasonable starting price if you must sell, but I wouldn't recommend it.

pengu
21st January 2009, 07:56 AM
I have already boughten two iphone's in the past year,both of them have broken.
Given that the iPhone was only released 7 months ago, how did you manage to break TWO iPhones in 7 months!?

And the stupid protection plan won't cover it because it's not a tech problem.

Why should WARRANTY cover a person breaking something? What you want is INSURANCE.

I don't feel I should have to buy a new one myself.

why, exactly is that?

heelsansneakers
21st January 2009, 07:58 AM
Given that the iPhone was only released 7 months ago, how did you manage to break TWO iPhones in 7 months!?

Why should WARRANTY cover a person breaking something? What you want is INSURANCE.

why, exactly is that?

I meant two 1st gen's not the 3g. . . .um duh?

Do I purchase insurance from apple or my carrier?

PatrickH
21st January 2009, 08:01 AM
1. Were any of those iPhones on plans?

2. What happened for them to get broken?

3. Have you thought of selling the iphones for salvage parts? Then you can use that money towards getting a new one.

In my opinion, I would recommend keeping the Macbook and start saving for an iphone. In the mean time, just use a cheapie mobile.

pengu
21st January 2009, 08:06 AM
I meant two 1st gen's not the 3g. . . .um duh?

well let's see. you're posting in an AUSTRALIAN forum, where the iPhone Gen 1 was never released, and as such not covered by any warranty or insurance.

Do I purchase insurance from apple or my carrier?

well as the products are ALREADY BROKEN its somewhat pointless buying insurance for them. regardless of that, as i stated above, Gen 1 iPhones are not a released product in this country, so i doubt anyone offering handset insurance will cover it.

heelsansneakers
21st January 2009, 08:15 AM

why, exactly is that?

To go into to detail;My first one broke on SB-some how it got stolen or so I thought and had it returned damaged after my trip. No biggie bought a new one. Refurbished for 249$ btw. It broke by my own accord,but I still don't feel to replace it myself. Basically, I'm just done with apple but I loved my iphone and need it back. I just wanted to ask WWUD. An iphone is like a computer(not really) anyway so why do I need a macbook. Rite?

leon
21st January 2009, 08:22 AM
To go into to detail;My first one broke on SB-some how it got stolen or so I thought and had it returned damaged after my trip. No biggie bought a new one. Refurbished for 249$ btw. It broke by my own accord,but I still don't feel to replace it myself. Basically, I'm just done with apple but I loved my iphone and need it back. I just wanted to ask WWUD. An iphone is like a computer(not really) anyway so why do I need a macbook. Rite?

You broke it, it is your fault, if you want another one then you will just have to pay to get one. Apple can't be held responsible for your mistakes.

If you want to sell your Macbook to fund a new iPhone, then go ahead and do it. From your history i would just get one of those Nokia rubber ones that contractors/workmen use.
If you must have an iPhone, then you need to invest with some proper protection (a very chunky silicon case is what you need).

As for a Price Check on your Macbook asking here is not going to net you any valid answers. We are Australia and our prices are a lot different to the U.S.A. Just look at eBay and Craigslist for similar models to yours and gauge a price from there.

heelsansneakers
Thanks,Pat

You were the most helpful

pengu
My first one broke on SB-some how it got stolen or so I thought and had it returned damaged after my trip. No biggie bought a new one. Refurbished for 249$ btw. It broke by my own accord

I have no idea what SB is, but complaining that your warranty doesn't cover someone STEALING your iPhone and then doesn't cover you BREAKING the replacement is ridiculous.

,but I still don't feel to replace it myself. Basically, I'm just done with apple but I loved my iphone and need it back. I just wanted to ask WWUD. An iphone is like a computer(not really) anyway so why do I need a macbook. Rite?

ok, you need to go to read this: contradiction definition | Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contradiction), and it wouldn't hurt to learn this: English language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language)

Musky
21st January 2009, 08:55 AM
I'm guessing SB is Spring Break? and yeah, if YOU break something then it's usually YOUR fault. Ford don't give you a new car if you crash.

grfxninja
21st January 2009, 09:07 AM
I want to...… use a more meaningful post title perhaps?

I don't understand how you can say you have "Had it with Apple"?
Someone stole your un-insured iphone. That sucks but not Apple's fault.
You state that you broke it of your own accord. It's not Apple's fault if you're a klutz.

So why exactly is Apple at fault here?
:confused:

melbmac
22nd January 2009, 09:38 PM
It got stolen and broken and somehow this is apples fault?

Ok then.

I'm going to try my best not to be rude here.

Yes, you should sell your macbook.

No you should no buy any more apple products (including phones).

I am also of the opinion that this thread could be closed and it would be of no loss to this community.

Currawong
22nd January 2009, 09:43 PM
I agree.