PDA

View Full Version : Got Some Strife With Itunes

dobbo
17th May 2005, 10:31 AM
Hey Dudes,

First of all, let me say, this appletalk business is ace. Thanks to everyone who's given me a hand with my past problems.
As I'm still new to my MacMini...

I'm trying to copy some CDs to my hard drive. It's a data CDwith like 169 songs on it from my old shit box PC.
Anyway, when i'm copying it over it gets to like song 9 or 10 then says an "unknown error occurred (-69)"
Does anyone know what the hell this means?

Any suggestions, as always, are very welcome

adamjc
17th May 2005, 11:23 AM
Make sure the disc is clean underneath, and mayby get a soft LINT free cloth and wipe away any marks away from the center of the disc out to the outside.

Don't clean it in a circular motion.

I think that might be your problem. If it still doesnt work let us know.

Adam.

decryption
17th May 2005, 11:27 AM
It means the disc, is stuffed. If it's a CD-R, it could just be a type the drive doesn't like (different brands of drives chuck a fit with different discs).

Try and see if it works on your old PC. If it still works, try copy the stuff onto a different type of CD and see if it works then.

GimliNZ
17th May 2005, 11:45 AM
Also it may only be one or two files that are corrupted/stuffed.

Instead of trying to copy all the files at once, try doing them in batches of say 5-6. Then when you get to a batch where the error occurs, narrow it down to song by song. This way you may be able to get the majority of the files across.

All the best.