PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Pro, Better Zoom?

Antonino Giglio
11th January 2009, 09:52 PM
Is someone using Google Earth Pro?

I would like to know if the zoom is better compared to the free version.

Could be useful for planning and landscaping? Or the zoom resulution is the same as the free version?

Cheers!!!!

Ohhh one more thing... how old are the maps?

Comet
11th January 2009, 10:17 PM
The images are supposed to be the same

Note: Technical support assistance is available (email) for Pro users during business hours PST. While there are additional capabilities and features available in Google Earth Pro, the underlying imagery is the same for all versions of Google Earth. Try it free for 7 days now.

Google Earth (http://earth.google.com/enterprise/earth_pro.html)

Antonino Giglio
11th January 2009, 10:55 PM
Ohhh bummer! That means I cannot get better images for my job?

bok
11th January 2009, 11:07 PM
I'll be buying pro for work next week (more for the importing side). Apparently the print/save image quality is better in pro, but its all the same in the client.

If you're in VIC, depending on what your job is you can get better quality images from the department of lands as far as i know. I've had a poke around on their site before.

-bok

njd
11th January 2009, 11:16 PM
imagary ie the same - but will be at a higher resolution - xport high-resolution images up to 11" x 17" (4800 pixels, sample print - 890k), and use them in documents, presentations, web or printed materials. Your audience can come along for the ride as you create your own compressed movies (.wmv, sample movie - 13MB) of the zooms and virtual tours you take in Google Earth.

harrisonx
12th January 2009, 06:26 AM
The images in the regular version are from around March 2006 [The MCG has the fixings of the Commonwealth Games on its ground, and the house behind mine has not yet been demolished] and the Street View images are from around January 2008 [the house behind has been almost completely rebuilt]

Currawong
12th January 2009, 03:18 PM
Yes, good luck getting newish images if you don't live in the USA.

Antonino Giglio
13th January 2009, 08:53 AM
Ohhh does it mean in the USA the images are up to date? It is crazy they are not as Google Earth can be such an amazing tool for many industries when you need to do surveys of the land, especially from above!