PDA

View Full Version : iPhone restarts if I try and delete photos via Windows Explorer.

bloodfart
10th January 2009, 04:49 PM
Hay all,

I recently went on a trip to Sydney which ended up with my Camera Roll being filled with around 420 photos. When I got home, I offloaded then into a folder on my desktop and wanted to delete them from my Camera Roll on the phone. (By the way, i'm on Windows XP here)

So I did what I usually do and opened up My Computer, opened up the 'Apple iPhone' shortcut - which then displayed all the photos in my camera roll. I selected them all and hit 'delete'. It thought about it for around 5 seconds, then my iPhone just restarts itself.

My first thought was just that I was potentially trying to delete 'too' many in one go perhaps - so I tried it with just 1 photo. Unfortunately; same deal. The phone just restarts itself.

Anyone have this similar issue, or know of another mass-deletion method by any chance?

Jonno92
10th January 2009, 05:04 PM
Mine does it too... Don't think there's anything you can do about it.. It sucks, I know..

bloodfart
10th January 2009, 06:00 PM
It didn't used to do this when i had my 2G iPhone :(

LithgowLights
11th January 2009, 08:45 AM
I'd say "Buy a Mac" but you know, and I know, that aint gonna happen ;)

It happens here on XP and Vista. I dont have a Mac so cant be sure if it works there. It is annoying, but I dont have 420 pictures to delete, so I can imagine your frustration.

themessup
11th January 2009, 09:19 AM
I've found this problem quite annoying as well. Hopefully in the next update, a bulk delete and move option will be implemented.

simpleprimate
30th April 2009, 04:47 PM
I was able to delete my entire photo roll in two swift clicks by using a free windows app called DiskAid.. Simply run DiskAid plug in your phone navigate to \Media\DCIM\ folder and delete folders 100APPLE for photos taken & 999APPLE for screen Captures. :cool:

Just be careful not to get carried away with DiskAid it will give you root access and you could do some damage with it. :rolleyes:

yuperry
21st May 2009, 07:55 PM
I was able to delete my entire photo roll in two swift clicks by using a free windows app called DiskAid.. Simply run DiskAid plug in your phone navigate to \Media\DCIM\ folder and delete folders 100APPLE for photos taken & 999APPLE for screen Captures. :cool:

Just be careful not to get carried away with DiskAid it will give you root access and you could do some damage with it. :rolleyes:

I was looking for a solution since early May and I finally found it. This worked for me on my Windows XP. :D

Thanks simpleprimate!

simpleprimate
4th July 2009, 02:52 PM
You are very welcome! I'm glad you found my post useful.