PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Noob IP Touch ? re VPN

Madeezy
8th January 2009, 01:39 PM
Hi guys please excuse this noob question.
I have a ipod touch my son in law asked if they would be able to connect to his VPN at his factory.
I said yes as long as he has the correct user and pass details.

I dont know much at all re networks and the ipod T I assumed it would.
Can anyone please verify this for me that it should have no problem connecting.

Thanks.

purana
8th January 2009, 02:27 PM
Too many missing variables... educated answer requires some detailed information of the configuration at the factory etc.

jeremy_warnock
8th January 2009, 03:10 PM
That depends on the vpn they are using.

The iphone/touch v2 software has vpn connectivity and suppots cisco IPsec, L2Tp & PPTP. You will how ever need all the configuration settings and account details for him to connect.

I do connect to my office network using their vpn and my iphone, I use an rsa token for authentication

Madeezy
8th January 2009, 03:37 PM
That depends on the vpn they are using.

The iphone/touch v2 software has vpn connectivity and suppots cisco IPsec, L2Tp & PPTP. You will how ever need all the configuration settings and account details for him to connect.

I do connect to my office network using their vpn and my iphone, I use an rsa token for authentication

Thanks that gives me some idea of what it will support. I will get some more info from him now and at least I can guide him a bit.

Both posts are appreciated Thank You.
This forum and its fellow members have been a great help to me since my first mac purchase late last year.