PDA

View Full Version : iTunes doesnt "see" the iPhone

kyte
7th January 2009, 05:37 AM
Strangely... iTunes seems to have lost its capacity to see the iphone. Phoneview also... and it went before iTunes did because at the point I wrote to the dev for help, iTunes could still recognise its existence.

iPhoto still can.

I'm not going to go into gory detail regarding why. I've been naughty :o.

What I need now is some way of getting the phone recognised by iTunes so I can restore it. I can get it to the point of being able to do a restore but ultimately get Error 1600, and it all stops. Fortunately before anything is overwritten, so I can still use the phone, just can't sync with anything.

Any ideas about the error and how to get past that? We are talking latest firmware, pwned, 2G phone.

TIA

Additional: Managed to get it into DFU mode but phone will not restore either with pwned or clean firmware. Error 1611 and a whole new iBrick. Gotta go to work now, hope there is a giant of iPhone fixes looking in here today :)

Comet
7th January 2009, 07:31 AM
I would try connecting the iPhone to another machine and see if you can restore through there rather than figure out what your issue is with your iTunes.

voiletmay
7th January 2009, 09:46 AM
Try a different USB port on your machine. That is the fix if you get constant 1602 errors (like me, doesn't work for me though). Worth a try though I guess.

Goodluck with it.

kyte
7th January 2009, 04:14 PM
I would try connecting the iPhone to another machine and see if you can restore through there rather than figure out what your issue is with your iTunes.

Umm, I guess I know why its happened, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

kyte
7th January 2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks to those who trie dto help. In the end a simple reinstall of iTunes fixed the problem of the restore. It might have fixed the initial problem as well... my mistake assuming that it had to be what I had done to the phone (thanks Comet, I suspect you were right... alas I had not tried anything else except a restore and screwed it royally by the time i posted for help). That said, however, I will not be taking that particular file patch option again :)