PDA

View Full Version : Eye TV says Im connected to a 1.1 hub when Im not

The Fluffy Duck
1st January 2009, 02:33 PM
Since I update to 10.5.6 on my mac mini. I cant use my elegarto eye tv because it says Im connected to a 1.1 hub which is bullshit as its plugged into the mac of my mini.

Any ideas?

Piratbyran
1st January 2009, 02:39 PM
I got that too, I just replugged it in and away it went. What happens when you use a hub?

The Fluffy Duck
1st January 2009, 02:41 PM
I treid re plugging it in and the msg still came up :(

Piratbyran
1st January 2009, 02:52 PM
Odd, I would look under system profiler and see if its listed as a high speed port or not. Then just try binning the preferences and see how that goes. I

NeoRicen
1st January 2009, 03:03 PM
Have you tried another port? I know one of the ports on the MacBook is on a hub, maybe it's the same with the mini.

Brewster
1st January 2009, 04:06 PM
This is a known issue with the Elgato Hybrid stick (and maybe others) and is a hardware problem. I went through this a year or so ago. You should be able to find a fair bit on the Elgato forums but the company hasn't got any decent solutions that I have heard yet. If it's under warranty then get it replaced, if not read on.

The only fix I have found is a bit flakey. You warm the tuner gently till it's quite hot but not too hot to hold then plug it in and it should work. I sit mine under a grill for a few minutes (but I take no responsibility if anyone destroys theirs). Once it is working it should stay working until it's unplugged or you restart your mac. Mine works for weeks at a time.

The Fluffy Duck
1st January 2009, 11:15 PM
This is a known issue with the Elgato Hybrid stick (and maybe others) and is a hardware problem. I went through this a year or so ago. You should be able to find a fair bit on the Elgato forums but the company hasn't got any decent solutions that I have heard yet. If it's under warranty then get it replaced, if not read on.

The only fix I have found is a bit flakey. You warm the tuner gently till it's quite hot but not too hot to hold then plug it in and it should work. I sit mine under a grill for a few minutes (but I take no responsibility if anyone destroys theirs). Once it is working it should stay working until it's unplugged or you restart your mac. Mine works for weeks at a time.

You have got to be shitting me!

The Fluffy Duck
2nd January 2009, 11:20 AM
I just went to their website and it is a hardware problem. God dammit. Well at least its still under warrenty

Piratbyran
2nd January 2009, 11:24 AM

I don't suggest it.

Brewster
2nd January 2009, 07:48 PM

I agree it's a seriously weird way of fixing a piece of technology but mine was out of warranty (unlike yours thankfully) so there wasn't much to loose.

I posted this solution on the Elgato forums and have had a number of grateful PMs from users in various parts of the world.