PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access internet on Optus

wmyeoh
31st December 2008, 09:33 AM
Hi all,

Since yesterday morning, I haven't been able to access any data (I'm on Optus and in Melbourne at the moment). I have been able to make phone calls and send texts so I'm getting some sort of connection with the network.

I've done a bit of a search around and can't find anyone else having this problem - so I assume it's not an Optus outage. Is anyone else in Melbourne experiencing this?

I jailbroke my phone a couple of days ago, so I'm wondering whether some of the settings have been twigged, and this could be the result.

Any ideas?

Exocet
31st December 2008, 10:11 AM
I'd check to make sure the APN is correct (if you're able to edit it). Try doing airplane mode on/off, or alternatively calling optus. Your data access may have been revoked in error.

wmyeoh
31st December 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Exocet. I can't edit the APN with Optus, but I'm going to try uninstalling some of the stuff that I added during jailbreak, and see if that makes a difference,

Will give Optus a call after if no luck.

Edit: Rang Optus - got put through to a very knowledgeable lady who asked me simply to go and reset the network settings. Bang - it's working again. An impressive experience with Optus' customer service team!

sleek881
1st January 2009, 08:27 AM
Rang Optus - got put through to a very knowledgeable lady who asked me simply to go and reset the network settings. Bang - it's working again. An impressive experience with Optus' customer service team!

How did you reset the network settings?

wmyeoh
1st January 2009, 10:17 AM
Go through Settings -> General -> Reset.

sleek881
2nd January 2009, 09:36 PM
Go through Settings -> General -> Reset.

Thanks