PDA

View Full Version : Remote trigger for my 450D

raj
30th December 2008, 11:14 PM
Hey all, just wondering if there any thoughts on what to look for in a remote shutter controller for your DSLR.

I've got a 450D and don't really need anything fancy more or less it just needs to take the photo without me touching the camera.

Would people recommend a completely wireless remote over a wired one? Are the $30 ones on eBay from HK going to be just fine? Is there anything else I'm missing??

macsyd
30th December 2008, 11:44 PM
I use a genuine Canon wired remote with my DSLR. Generally though when I'm using the remote the camera is on the tripod.

Wireless might be useful if you are taking photos you'd like to be in, otherwise I'm not sure of the benefit. The wired wouldn't add any shake to the camera I would think.

richbowen
1st January 2009, 07:15 AM
Whenever I think I need a remote trigger I ask myself whether I could survive using the self-timer ... so I'm yet to buy one.

Having said that I think the wired ones provide a bit more control over the shutter release, whereas the wireless is just single release. I think the wireless one might also require you to be in front of the camera so that the camera can receive the signal.

raj
1st January 2009, 04:16 PM
Whenever I think I need a remote trigger I ask myself whether I could survive using the self-timer ... so I'm yet to buy one....

You know I haven't really thought about doing things that way... that'll do me for the time being too :)