PDA

View Full Version : telstra: could not activate cellular data network

happyfrogcow
25th December 2008, 12:19 PM
hi i got an iphone for Christmas and when i try to connect to the internet it says could not activate cellular data network, im with telstra and it worked before but now its not.

gtext
25th December 2008, 01:53 PM
Try this. Settings > general . network . cellular data network. Set APN to telstra.iph. Don't worry about user name & password.

happyfrogcow
25th December 2008, 04:21 PM
hi i have done that but it still says that message.

gtext
25th December 2008, 07:15 PM
I have no idea why but try changing that to telstra.internet. Works for some it seems.

chrsha01
25th December 2008, 07:29 PM
Try:

1) Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

2) (Then) Reset the iPhone by pressing the 'Sleep' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds.

It should work after this. :)

Beau
26th December 2008, 06:57 AM
I have no idea why but try changing that to telstra.internet. Works for some it seems.

It might be because you haven't got the iPhone 'codes' added to your account.

Ring Telstra on 1800 iPhone and ask for them to add the iPhone codes to your account, change the access point to telstra.iph, and reboot your iPhone :)

happyfrogcow
27th December 2008, 09:17 AM
yea after i reset the settings it works again now. thank you! :)

Rant
27th December 2008, 09:45 AM
hi i got an iphone for Christmas and when i try to connect to the internet it says could not activate cellular data network, im with telstra and it worked before but now its not.

I get this message from time to time, and I expect most people here to know this, but for the benefit of anyone that doesn't already know...

General advice is - this message and various other messages, even No Service -> the phone needs a reboot

just hold down the Sleep/Wake Button until you get a Slide to Power Off
do so, wait a few seconds
press Sleep/Wake again and iPhone will reboot.

It's surprising how many 'problems' a restart can fix.

Exocet
28th December 2008, 08:25 PM
Either that or just do airplane mode on/off.

TigersharkBAS
30th December 2008, 03:20 PM
You guys saved my ass....thank so much.

I bought a prepaid Telstra 3G card last week and have been struggling to get the data portion to work on my unlocked iPhone (yes..I had bought 30 bucks or 200Mb of data on the SIM card).

I did as Beau suggested and called Telsta iPhone and they knew exactly what the issue was, modified some setting, asked me to switch the phone off and then on and voila...the data worked perfectly.

Thanks for all who posted suggestions in this thread. I am a very happy camper now.

Anlies
19th August 2010, 08:57 PM
hi!
where did you reach telstra iphone, do they have a special number?
And was your iphone also from the telstra shop or not? I'm having the same problem and trying to fix it for a long time now!
thx