PDA

View Full Version : Information Re: Serial Number

Moose
13th May 2005, 10:22 PM
Where is the site that can tell you about your mac when you enter the serial number? The site gives you info about when it was built etc.
I have searched with google and sifted through 38 pages when I did a search in appletalk but I can not find it.

tommelbourne
13th May 2005, 10:25 PM
Only thing i know of like that is mactracker, but that's a program.

applecollector
13th May 2005, 10:29 PM
Oh that would be sooooooo cool i hope someone knows the web-site

Atomic
13th May 2005, 10:30 PM
<center>CLICK&#33; (http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html)</center>

Moose
13th May 2005, 10:32 PM
I have seen the sight, but it was a while ago. Stuffed if I can find it now though. I think Ozimac knows it, or maybe estoyloco, it&#39;s a german sight from memory.

Moose
13th May 2005, 10:32 PM
Oooooooh you are good. Thanks

macmate
13th May 2005, 10:37 PM
site looks interesting. it asks to type in other info on your computer. obviously trying to built a better database.

all its really doing is reading the serial number. ie first two numbers is factory code, the the next lot are week of the year then the batch number etc etc.

Apples serial checker is better(duh). but you can only get access to that if you have a tech ID. it even lets me see every time you rang applecare to ask silly questions ;)

Ric

applecollector
13th May 2005, 10:55 PM
Excellent

mac_man_luke
13th May 2005, 11:00 PM
me and iSlayer are going to make a widget using this&#33;

So hold tight&#33; :D

purana
13th May 2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by macmate@May 13 2005, 10:37 PM
Apples serial checker is better(duh). but you can only get access to that if you have a tech ID. it even lets me see every time you rang applecare to ask silly questions ;)

apple serial checker is indeed good. Thank goodness its only open to certified techs ;)

macmate
13th May 2005, 11:06 PM
good idea.... would be even handier if you could make one for apple tech that actually used there database. you should call apple AUS and ask them for help making one because it would be so handy to have a little widget that did that and all the coverage checks etc instead of having to log in all the time and having sessions time out.

also think about a apple knowledge base searcher, even if it just linked to the website itself.

Rayd
13th May 2005, 11:22 PM
another one of islayers magical widgets to look forward to :)

macmate
13th May 2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by iodine@May 13 2005, 11:04 PM
apple serial checker is indeed good. Thank goodness its only open to certified techs ;)
you can say that again. only knows what some people would do with all that power&#33;

they might even check a serial number&#33;

Ric

mac_man_luke
14th May 2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by macmate@May 13 2005, 11:06 PM
good idea.... would be even handier if you could make one for apple tech that actually used there database. you should call apple AUS and ask them for help making one because it would be so handy to have a little widget that did that and all the coverage checks etc instead of having to log in all the time and having sessions time out.

also think about a apple knowledge base searcher, even if it just linked to the website itself.
Except me and iSlayer dont have access to that..