PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked iPhones not unlocked..?

Jonno92
23rd December 2008, 08:01 PM
I have bought two iPhones from 2 different people. One said the iPhone was definitely unlocked and they have tried a Voda SIM, Optus SIM and 3 SIM in it.
The other was from a guy who had a faulty (unlocked) iPhone and took it to the Apple Store, who gave him a refurbished/new iPhone, which they said was unlocked.. He also tested it with a VOda and an Optus SIM..

Now I am trying to make use of them with my Vodafone and 3 SIM cards and it says to connect to iTunes, and when I do so it says the SIM card is not supported..

Any ideas?..

Thanks

mitty
23rd December 2008, 08:37 PM
Have you done a full restore for each phone? You should get a message telling you it's unlocked. If you don't, then it's not unlocked, and sadly you've been lied to.

Jonno92
23rd December 2008, 08:41 PM
I can't do a full restore. iTunes just tells me the SIM is not supported...??

EdgeOfQuarrel
23rd December 2008, 08:44 PM
take sim out and try it?

ziggotron
23rd December 2008, 09:03 PM
I can't do a full restore. iTunes just tells me the SIM is not supported...??

Happens to my iPhone too, even though it's unlocked. Activate it with an Optus SIM or whatever SIM it originally came it and it should work fine after.

The_Hawk
23rd December 2008, 09:35 PM
Happens to my iPhone too, even though it's unlocked. Activate it with an Optus SIM or whatever SIM it originally came it and it should work fine after.

Bit useless if you on'y have an Telstra SIM and have bought a second hand "unlocked" optus iPhone...

Jonno92
25th December 2008, 07:49 AM

Can I just stick a Telstra SIM card in it, or do I have to connect it to iTunes as well?..

Thanks

Soliah
25th December 2008, 11:44 AM
Can I just stick a Telstra SIM card in it, or do I have to connect it to iTunes as well?..

Thanks

I just put the iPhone into restore mode and let iTunes restore it.

Whilst off hold the home button and insert the usb cable. Continue to hold the home button until a connect to iTunes symbol appears.