PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Mouse changed settings on it's own?

pretzelgirl8
22nd December 2008, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm going a bit crazy here because I don't know what I've done to make my Mighty Mouse change settings. Before, I used to be able to squeeze the mouse and see all the windows that were open then move the mouse to the window I wanted in front. I'd also be able to click the trackball and I'd get my widgets. Now when I click the trackball I get a scrolling icon on my screen so that when I move my mouse, the screen scrolls... same thing happens when I squeeze the mouse.

I've checked the System Preferences for my mouse and the trackball says "Dashboard" and the two side bits that you squeeze say "Expose - All windows" - which I assume is correct for what I want.

Can anyone help me? I'm wondering if I accidentally hit someone on the keyboard to toggle it.

Cheers,
Angela

Lumus
22nd December 2008, 06:10 PM
What do you mean by "scroll"? As in spaces? or when you're viewing a webpage it scrolls?

pretzelgirl8
22nd December 2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for your reply Lumus, I've been trying to figure out how to delete this post as I just realised I've posted in the wrong section. :o

I mean it scrolls as 'moves down the webpage I'm viewing". No idea why, but when I click on the trackball I get this icon which is a circle with an arrow at the top and arrow at the bottom then when I move the mouse (while the icon is showing), the webpage I'm viewing scrolls up/down.

Cheers,
Angela

Macyoshary
22nd December 2008, 07:19 PM
Is it only in Firefox? I get this when I hold Control and use the middle and side buttons. I only noticed it yesterday.

pretzelgirl8
22nd December 2008, 07:23 PM
Okay, weird... I just tried it in Word and nothing happens. I mean, I'm in a document and I click the trackball and it does nothing and I squeeze the mouse and it does nothing. So yes Macyoshary, it happens in Firefox but before it all changed, I could be in Word and squeeze the mouse to show me what else was open so I could change windows.

Cheers,
Angela

Lumus
22nd December 2008, 07:37 PM
Have you installed or uninstalled anything recently that could have caused it? You could also try changing the setting to something else, then changing it back after a log out.

Thanks for your reply Lumus, I've been trying to figure out how to delete this post as I just realised I've posted in the wrong section. :o

I'm sure if you ask a Mod nicely they'll move it for you :D

pretzelgirl8
22nd December 2008, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, just regular updates Lumus... nothing unusual.

I did change the settings to something else then back again but nothing happened. But now that you mentioned it, I don't think I've rebooted... I'll give that a go.

Mods? you there? could you pretty please move my thread to the correct spot? I promise to be more careful next time. :D

Cheers,
Angela

pretzelgirl8
22nd December 2008, 08:19 PM
OMG! it's working again!!! Thank you Lumus, all I had to do was re-boot. What a relief! I didn't realise how many times a day I squeeze my mouse or use my Widgets. (sigh of relief).

Cheers,
Angela