PDA

View Full Version : Optus Insurance Iphone

Blind Melon
22nd December 2008, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, I have a Iphone and my speaker is blown (not loud speaker). I was wondering, will they just replace it or will they just put a new speaker in?

Basically because my phone is scratched to much and would like a new one :(

matthew858
22nd December 2008, 03:51 PM
If you are down in Sydney, take it to an Apple store and they will replace it straight away with a new one. If you do though, don't remember to book beforehand as the Geniuses are always busy and only run off appointments.

Blind Melon
22nd December 2008, 03:54 PM
So, they will 100% give me a new one? Cause the speaker still works, but not different to before...

Cause I live in Newcastle and Sydney is 2 hours away, haha...

Exocet
22nd December 2008, 05:27 PM
So does the speaker work or not work? First you say it's blown and now you say it's no different to before.

Insurance fraud is naughty and I don't like having my premiums increased because you didn't buy a case.

led-zep
22nd December 2008, 05:29 PM
i no doubt beleive sydney apple store, or any apple store will replace for a new/refurb iphone without any questions. i was talking to a genius, as he is a mate of mine, and he said that within the first year they will replace any iphone, apart from obvious screen damage (which they repair for around $350) or accidental water damage. so yes they will replace it for anything, hell i had mine replaced cause it was running slower than i liked!

Blind Melon
22nd December 2008, 08:46 PM
Sorry what I meant was, it crackles when it is ringing....

I guess I will just go for a drive down the Sydney to see what they say!