PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a Mac tuition person in Perth?

drewbles
22nd December 2008, 12:40 PM
I have a relative wanting some Mac support in Perth (Northern Suburbs).

Can anyone recommend someone for a 1-on-1 training session? They are happy to pay, but want someone who is patient and helpful:)

Mac Ram
22nd December 2008, 12:57 PM
Don't know anyone personally - I learnt all I know right here from these forums and the net generally.

Maybe try one of the sellers in the Northern suburbs to see what they recommend? Try, for example, Macworx in Joondalup...very helpful.

thorevenge
22nd December 2008, 01:46 PM
If I didn't just score a new job I might have been able to help.

Sorry.

mvjs
22nd December 2008, 01:51 PM
Fly them over to Melbourne or Sydney each week for a one-to-one training session at the Apple Store? :rolleyes:

jeremy_warnock
22nd December 2008, 01:54 PM
What are they wanting to learn?

haydio
22nd December 2008, 02:36 PM
Do nextbyte / digilife do courses?

jeremy_warnock
22nd December 2008, 04:12 PM
Do nextbyte / digilife do courses?

those are very basic and afaik only available to people - but could be wrong on that last parte who purchase a computer from them

drewbles
23rd December 2008, 12:43 AM
What are they wanting to learn?

They're very green on everything. I spent a few hours today with him trying to guide him through stuff, but it's all confusing to him, and i'm a tech person not someone with training ability :)

I might recommend he try Macworx then (He's around Duncraig so Joondalup is good).

He's more than happy to pay, he's done so already. Looks like the people who came out onsite to show him stuff just made it more confusing for him (They did all kinds of weird crap to try and simplify things, and it was just confusing him more).

Thanks for the suggestions guys:) I'd tell him to look here, but we're talking about someone who doesn't understand what a bookmark toolbar is let alone a forum:)

Madeezy
23rd December 2008, 11:53 PM
Umm sounds possibly painful but pm me and I will give you my mobile number. he can call me after Christmas I will help him out for a few times over the next couple of weeks while I am not working ok. I live in Aveley next to Ellenbrook so its just up the road for him.

adamd
24th December 2008, 12:15 AM
*raises hand*

I do the training tutorials at Next Byte in Nedlands.

PM me if you want my number.

If I didn't just score a new job I might have been able to help.

Sorry.

Where??

those are very basic and afaik only available to people - but could be wrong on that last parte who purchase a computer from them

Almost true. The courses are designed to be basic, but being myself, I tend to add just that little more in for those who know that little extra about computers. And I also dont follow said courses. Also, they're $55/person/course at Next Byte.
Much easier and beneficial if you do 1 on 1.

thorevenge
24th December 2008, 01:14 AM
Where??.

Internal IT for a large corporation.