PDA

View Full Version : safari is too slow.

midget
22nd December 2008, 07:23 AM
The next post prompted me to ask this question as i have read it and all other posts regard safari. for me i use Firefox as from day one when i used my mac safari was extremely slow where as FF isnt. I use an i mac 24" bought about a month ago. my main question is can i speed up safari or is there something i should change as i would prefer to use the mac app. just less clutter. unfortunately safari as i said is too slow. I use Safari Version 3.2.1 (5525.27.1) any advice would be appreciated.

Huy
22nd December 2008, 07:31 AM
What do you mean by 'too slow'?

That is the latest version of Safari and it should be fine on an iMac.

Domenic
22nd December 2008, 07:32 AM
Yeah, my safari is blazing fast, even on an old white iMac.

Do you mean the websites load slowly... or what?

midget
22nd December 2008, 07:36 AM
yeah by slow i mean it takes a while for the page to appear. not dail up speed at all but noticeably slower than firefox. I actaully downloaded FF because of the speed. now my page appears very quickly. It seems as if safari takes time to load the page where as FF just brings it up straight away.

timothy
22nd December 2008, 08:11 AM
I ignore the browser is fast... It is never factual and is based on a single user experience.

Your connection is the key to speed.

Try Disney.com | The Official Home Page For All Things Disney (http://www.disney.com) or something intensive that you have never visited before. All browsers struggle and it is the connection speed not the browser.

Firefox is good at showing you the website you were just looking at. Safari can play that game too (instant MacTalk etc...)

Allow safari to build it's cache and gather some cookies.