PDA

View Full Version : question about microsoft office for mac

midget
21st December 2008, 02:55 PM
I have recently and reluctantly installed microsoft office due to my wifes work needs, I only want "word,excel and powerpoint" not entourage and messenger. I was told when i bought it that i could install just the parts i wanted but that isnt the case. the whole thing installed. On top of that it also checked for updates and hence I installed them thinking it was the right thing to do. Im assuming it was service pack 1 as it only has (SP1) next to the title of the file. do i need this 512 mb addition, that being (SP1) and can i remove entourage and messenger and how do i do that,
thanks in advance.

matthew858
21st December 2008, 03:00 PM
Each application should be by itself in your applications folder. Use a program such as App Zapper to remove the application from your system.

Huy
21st December 2008, 03:02 PM
When you install it, you can perform a custom install. This means selecting what you want installed.

Otherwise, it will just install the standard set/default install which includes everything. This is not a big deal really as you can remove them individually later on.

You should always have the latest security patches and updates installed. So yes, install it.

You can remove the apps by just dragging to Trash.

rpjallan
21st December 2008, 03:03 PM
What version of Office is it? I thought most versions of Office where just a drag and drop installation! Just trash whatever components you don't want. I would install all the Office updates if I were you - there are quite a number after SP1...