PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Wallpaper Resets Whenever MBP Is Shut Down

justjack
20th December 2008, 08:47 PM
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help :confused:

Have a 17" MBP 2.5GHz running OS X v 10.5.5. and as of this week, whenever I boot up, the desktop background is resetting to an older choice than the most recent one set in System Preferences. Yet the screen saver which was changed a few days ago, remains with the newest selection.

I need to go in each time to take off the old picture... It's not done this before and I'm not sure why this happens. It doesn't matter what picture I select, it continually resets... I've done numerous Time Machine backups but this doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas???

Currawong
20th December 2008, 09:09 PM
Download Leopard Cache Cleaner and in the last tab, have it delete user and system caches, doing a Medium clean. That should fix it, as the desktop background is cached.

justjack
20th December 2008, 10:45 PM
Worked a treat :) :thumbup:

Ok so this issue re-occurred when I tried changing the wallpaper again and the cache cleaner doesn't seem to work this time...

Anyone??? :confused:

justjack
12th January 2009, 10:43 AM
Have tried medium & deep cleaning a number of times with rebooting between, but still is resetting :(

justjack
22nd January 2009, 09:51 PM
:( :( :(

Anyone????????????

dev_enter
23rd January 2009, 08:36 AM
Can you give us the output of this?
Run Terminal:
ls -l ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

justjack
24th January 2009, 10:53 AM
Can you give us the output of this?
Run Terminal:
ls -l ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

Hey Bahamut - is this right?

-rw------- 1 simonb staff 1487 24 Jan 00:04 /Users/simonb/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

dev_enter
24th January 2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, looks fine, so it's not that.