PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Continually Trying to Eject.

scottgrot
20th December 2008, 07:58 PM
Hi All,
My Core Duo 2GHz Black MacBook is continually trying to eject all the time. It's that sound that the MacBook makes when it is waking from sleep. Or when it is restarted. It is starting to drive me bonkers.

It has done this since the 10.5.6 update. I have run Onyx and let it do it's thing. As well as, resetting the PRAM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this problem? The only thing that seems to work is having a disk in the drive.

Thanks,

decryption
21st December 2008, 12:02 AM
Could be a faulty drive and it's just a coincidence it happened to start to bomb out with the 10.5.6 update.
Only other solution I'd try would be to install OS X onto an external FW HDD and boot from it. If the noise still occurs when using a clean OS install, then the problem is probably hardware.

scottgrot
21st December 2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks d, I'll try this.
Interesting to note, it's now on battery power the problem isn't happening... hmmmm ?

Phase
21st December 2008, 09:41 AM
Your macbook is anorexic, and is purging.

I'm sorry :( You need to tell it that it's beautiful, and not to idolize those Airs.

tintinaujapon
21st December 2008, 09:12 PM
A case of premature ejection?

scottgrot
22nd December 2008, 09:50 AM
So now the problem does exist whilst on battery power.
And I do tell it that it is beautiful and treat it with gifts of upgrades hard drives and new photos. Which, come to think of it, is probably causing the premature ejection.

Maybe I need to treat it mean?

forgie
22nd December 2008, 09:53 AM
Have you tried resetting the SMC?

Apple Portables: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411)

scottgrot
22nd December 2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks forgie, but it didn't work. I got excited when it seemed to have worked on battery power. However, connecting the magsafe, and it was checking for CDs again.