PDA

View Full Version : Pb 17" 1.67 Problems

Devski
13th May 2005, 03:03 PM
I have a 17" PowerBook 1.67 and it is having some significant difficulties waking from sleep and booting.

I can put it to sleep and wake it up straight away and it is fine, however if I leave it for a couple of hours it will wake and then freeze....forever (or until reboot).

Also, when booting it will get to the Apple logo and freeze. Rebooting will take it to the logo with spinner and freeze. Rebooting again will get a little further. It often takes me 5 or 6 reboots for it to start up correctly. Again, this will only happen if it has been off for a couple of hours.

I have been running the developer builds of Tiger and this problem was evident with 8A425, but I re-formatted and installed the release build but there is no improvements.

Does anyone else have a PB 17" 1.67? And if so are you seeing any problems.

macmate
13th May 2005, 03:23 PM
i have one and there are no such problems. the first thing i would do is go to 'system preferences' then go to 'energy saver' and turn 'put the hard disk to sleep whenever possible' off. its on by default but is the cause of many sleep issues.

you may have to click on the show details button to get that option up.

regarding the start up problems...... it sounds like it could be a RAM issue. I would test this first.

Ric

Rayd
13th May 2005, 04:15 PM
well i have a PB 15" 1.67 everything seems fine.. except for the speaker balance problem... and the slow vertical trackpad movement... but regarding the actual OS operation... its fine :)

Devski
15th May 2005, 07:41 PM
Wow!

I flashed the PRAM and everything works fine now. There's a first time for everything.

headkicker
15th May 2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Devski@May 15 2005, 07:41 PM
Wow!

I flashed the PRAM and everything works fine now. There's a first time for everything.
how do u flash the PRAM?

i got some sleep related issues with my Pbook too :(

neilrobinson
15th May 2005, 11:58 PM
Apple + Option +P +R

see here http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=6173
neil