PDA

View Full Version : Safari Crashes after OSX 10.3.4 update

kaotica
1st June 2004, 06:54 PM
Since updating to 10.3.4 last weekend I have been unable to use Safari which quits almost as soon as I launch it. I have tried trashing preferences, have repaired disk permissions, re-installed the Safari update but still no joy. It appears there is some gremlin in my user account, as it works fine in both my kids' accounts.

Far as I can tell the other Apple apps are working fine.

I notice this is also a common issue on other forums, but there seems to be no universal fix. Has anyone else experienced something similar, and any suggestions for a fix?

:o

stickman67
1st June 2004, 07:30 PM
Try the following link -- and best of luck :D

MacOSXHints troubleshooting list (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2004011205473937)

Currawong
3rd June 2004, 09:56 PM
Have you installed anything that modifies Safari?

Have you tried deleting the Safari cache files in your ~/Library folder (that is, users' Library folder)? That's a VERY likely culprit.

Try removing also anything else to do with Safari in your ~/Library folder. Use the search in the top right hand corer of finder windows set to "Selection" while you have your Library folder open.

kaotica
6th June 2004, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the tips. It took a lot of elimination, and then EUREKA! Turns out the fonts folder in my user account had corrupt files. So I trashed the user fonts and reinstalled. Problem solved.