PDA

View Full Version : Connection diff btw new and old macs?

SR 7
16th December 2008, 09:23 AM
anyone notice ad iff in wi fi connection with teh new macbooks compared to the white/black ones? I heard that the new ones have less wifi connection options on the bar and also its harder for it to get a hold of one due to the new case as opposed to the previous ones.

is this true?

and any major differences from the New ones to the old ones besides the trackpad?

Phase
16th December 2008, 09:32 AM
In regards to the WiFi, some people have reported less reception on the new Unibody's.

However, the aerial's are supposedly in/behind the rubber stoppers on the lids, so just how true this is remains suspect.

I personally have noticed the my new Macbook Pro has poorer WiFi reception than my partners Polycarbonate Macbook, and always has.

If it's a big problem for you, I'd consider borrowing a friends or obtaining one temporarily.

SR 7
16th December 2008, 10:55 AM
oh ok thanks

mcargy08
16th December 2008, 06:15 PM
the new Al MB that i have now sucks with WIFI. My windows xp and iphone have better connection. I hate this new mac!

SR 7
16th December 2008, 06:44 PM
why do u hate it?
is it really that bad? did u have the old macbook btw? to see if there was a diff in teh wifi or maybe its just ur location?