PDA

View Full Version : Safari Issues OS X 10.5.5 Safari 3.2.1

PSYC0TIC ONE
16th December 2008, 05:21 AM
OK, first it started when I updated Safari to its latest version 3.2.1...

I had a neat little SIMBL plugin called SafariSingleWindow which allowed ALL links to open in new tabs without the need to CMND + Click. I decided to go with this plugin vice SAFT due to other issues I was having with SAFT.

Anyway, after the update, SingleWindow no longer worked so I uninstalled it and figured all was well. Then I noticed that everytime I had multiple tabs open and I try to shut Safari down, I'd be greeted with the normal dialogue box that asks "are you sure, you have multiple tabs open?" (or something similar, lol) but next to the checkbox it says "localized strings not found"...

So I used AppClean to remove Safari (or so I thought) and reinstall from the DMG for 3.2.1... When I opened Safari after the fresh install, all my bookmarks were still there and all my preferences, and the issue with the dialogue box was still present...

How can I COMPLETELY remove ALL traces of Safari and start from scratch?

Also, a follow on question... Because SafariSingleWindow did not work for me any longer, I searched for a few alternatives (God bless Google) and stumbled across this nifty little Terminal line

defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool true
which supposedly allows Safari to open ALL links in the currently running window.
To reverse, type...

defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool false
But of course, this did not work for me either.

Can anyone tell me of other options out there, I'm "googled out"